Guitar Talk about Electra and other vintage imported guitars
Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:55 am 

All this time I didn't realize it but I was sitting on a copy of Vintage Guitar Magazine from August 1994, Vol. 8 No. 11 with a full 3-page article on Electra by Michael Wright from Different Strummer.

It was too big for me to scan so I took pics. They are good enough to read and I'd be delighted to send the images to the Admin for inclusion here. They are pretty high resolution, about 2500x3600. The images are between 1.6 and 2Mb. This is the first page. I have the hard copy listed on Reverb.

http://www.therathole.org/hoozinator/page_1.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:12 pm 

Nice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:26 am 

Hey! I know this probably a wasted effort, but the link is dead, and I have to imagine you've long since sold the physical copy; with that said, if you still have any of the photos or documentation, I'd love to add it to my digital collection haha. This site/forum is sadly dead, and I don't really engage with social media anymore, but as someone who came here at age 13 and still flies the Electra flag, I can't stress enough how important media preservation is; most people my age and younger simply don't know the history of their instrument, and fewer still actively recognize the "lawsuit" (and pre-lawsuit) instruments out of Japan. If you ever see this, please message me. I don't check up on this site with any kind of regularity but don't let that discourage you! I will see it and I will document it.