Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Electra Mpc X930 Vintage
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:31 pm 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electra-Mpc-X930-Vintage-/131055900187?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e838a561b

wish I would have got that for my 940

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:02 am 

The guy's description states that the later versions of the x930 have smaller necks and are consider the pro endorser with mpc's. Does that sound about right with anyone on here? What about the price?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:04 am 

The guy is me!

The Electra's have quite a bit of variability between the models, and sometimes 'within' the models. I've only owned 9 so I'm not as well versed as some of the other forum members. I can however tell you that the neck is definitively and significantly 'less fat' and/or 'less wide' than the Vulcan x950 I once owned. I've also played other vulcans with similarly fat'ish necks. I played an Ultima at the local guitar show a year ago and it had more of a narrow/fat feel (vs 'wide fat').

So this is not anything crazy like a Jackson or Ibanez 'speed demon' neck - but its very comfortable...maybe more like a Gibson 60's vs a Gibson 50's.

(No offense to you all that like the fat necks....just not my preference).

The x930 is not advertised as a Vulcan. It does oddly enough share the 930 number with the charcoal Vulcan..but for all practical purposes its just not a Vulcan. We sometimes call it the 'Betts Vulcan' or a 'Dot Neck Vulcan', mainly because it has no other specific name and because of the ad with Dickey Betts holding one. At best it's a hybrid - a cross - but between what?

The most logical candidates are the black Endorser, X930 Vulcan and the Ultima.

The neck is more like that on an Endorser from what I was able to recall having only played one briefly. It certainly has the 'scooped heal' which is also attributed to the Endorser. The metal switches and metal back plates are from the Ultima.

I believe we asked Tom Presley to weigh in on this a few years ago and never really got a definitive answer beyond 'there were a lot of variations'.

Speculation is that these 'dot neck vulcans' were an adaptation of the Endorser using up the last of the MPC components as the line was phased out.

I am the second owner of the guitar. It's a great guitar but I decided to move on from the MPC stuff (sold 12 modules in the past month).

As for the price, we all know the old adage about 'its worth what someone will pay'. It's simply too good to 'give away' but I'm also not unreasonable or looking for excessive profit on this. EBay, PayPal and shipping erode significantly into sales these days so everyone is listing higher.

If anyone wants to discuss this guitar more offline just PM me.

Thanks,

JMM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:02 pm 

original bridge ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:14 pm 

Of course! It's all original. The brass bridge is another unique feature of this model.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:19 pm 

Selling 2 guitars on craigslist to buy this beauty. Hope they sell quickly. Time's a waistin'.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:40 pm 

Good luck on CL. It's a brutal market!

The guitar is down from eBay temporarily while I redo some pics.

I'll be packaging the X930 with my last remaining module (phase), a spare blue bracket and some other misc stuff.

Contact me directly if interested.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:55 pm 

Very cool. Will do that

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:18 pm 

SOLD!

End of an era for me. It's been a fun ride. I can't say I won't be back. Never say never right?

JMM