Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Plastic Cheese
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:03 pm 

Plastic guitars anyone? DiPinto has some (had one, really liked it). Switch made some too. They called it vibracell - but it is a plastic guitar. This one is one of the most conventional one I saw. Many are super vibrant multi-color-fade guitars that resemble the shape of a parker fly. But this one was very strat like, with a bit of the westone sculpted genesis models look. This guitar is made of plastic, seems to have a set neck (but I believe it is one piece plastic, not actually a set neck). The pickups and electronics are meh - I put GFS alnicos in it. I was going to change the small pots to normal size ones, but that would require drilling or filing out the holes to allow the slightly wider normal sized pot's shaft to fit through the holes. So I left the small sized pots in there. Frankly, you CAN'T hear the difference on the size of the pots (the taper might be different, but other than the taper the smaller pots won't sound any differently. I want to think they will be more reliable, but I don't even know that the normal sized pots will last any longer than the smaller ones. So that is all stock. This one has a Rosewood fretboard. most of these Switch guitars had composite fretboards too (composite meaning plastic). The guitar is really pretty good though. The stock pickups are the real shortcoming of it, and I took care of that.

Oh these guitars are fairly recent, but they are out of business.