Guitar Talk about Electra and other vintage imported guitars
Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:48 pm 

I picked up a really nice Westbury Standard - matsumoku made in Japan, from around 1980. These came with Dimarzio pickups. It is a lot like a workin' man with an aria-like headstock but with dimarzios. It is an awesome guitar - it ROCKS. And it is surprising how clean and spanky a super distortion and a PAF can sound in the middle position (combined) on the 3-was switch. It really is an excellent guitar.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 pm 

Yeah, mate - they're a good 'un, eh - those that own 'em, love 'em! That looks superb, buddy - well done! They're not rare, but rather uncommon so that's a really good catch...

I've got a new project... Westone Spectrum SX in trans blue... think Phoenix with a blue neck and fretboard and a 2 point bridge...

Because even the Australians need heroes."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 pm 

Oh yeah, those are cool! My buddy had one but I think his was a red neck and body (hey, I believe somehow I just called my buddy a red neck). It was cool. I have never owned one, but I played his - and pretty well just like any other spectrum except the finish on the neck. So you should have a great guitar when your project has been completed.

Years later dean came out with several guitars with matching colored necks and bodies - but they had like florescent colors. I have seen some of those floating around MusicGoRound resale shops. I never bothered trying to play one of the deans. I am pretty certain they are within the last ten years or so and probably were made in China (the Deans, not the Westones).