The Electra Forums

Guitar Talk about Electra and other vintage imported guitars
Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ElectraFest 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:07 pm 

OK, you already know the lucky participant winners, but here they are again in Kodachrome. First draw went to Redeye, and he picked this one of a kind 'Distressed' X135GR, we came to call the Burn Victim:

I got the next pick, and frankly was torn between the Futura and the Outlaw Projects (weren't there still fully playable guitars left Mike?? yeah I know...). Well you already know how it came out:

Robot_Dr had 'last' pick (hee hee) and he had to mull it over for a while, playing both the X135NA and the Black Spectrum DX... Here's what he took home:

It was next to impossible to get a good shot of all the guitars with my skinny basement, but these are the guitars that the participants brought to ElectraFest 2009:

And here is a admittedly weak shot of all the guitars that were there:

We just couldn't call it over until we strapped on our new axes one more time to make them squeal (ok, I grabbed my Blackburst!):

I'm exhausted... enjoy the photos everyone. Oh, you're still wondering what order and who was drawn for the 2nd chance?? Next post!! Thanks, Mike.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:21 pm 

X189 sent more than just cool Electra guitars to us, he also sent some items as door prizes, but frankly everyone in attendance was soooo blown away, we felt ashamed to take anything more, so we're adding these to the 2nd chance giveaway. First up a really nice Phoenix Bass neck (sorry photo doesn't do it justice:):

Contact X189 about what it's from, scale, etc. If you need a Bass neck, this is a cool find. Also he sent three effect boxes, a Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplier, a very clean Alesis FX box and a Boss AC2 Acoustic Simulator that looked unused in original box:

What does this mean exactly? Well it means that four more people got into the 2nd chance drawing, and who knows, maybe you'd rather have a stomp box than a hollowbody project. It also means that your odds went to over 60% of winning something if you entered into the 'couldn't make it' drawing. Who were those winners anyway? Coming soon! (I love a good tease!) Mike.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:27 pm 

Oh!!!! The waiting is agonizing.

epiphone lp with emg
81 electra phoenix x130b
76 electra omega x210
takamine acoustic
westbrook nylon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:39 pm 

Believe it or not I have to go out and take a peek at a guitar that came up on CraigsList yesterday (god do I ever get enough?) But I can't put this off any longer, there are NINE items left, they are (in no particular order... take your time deciding you lucky dogs!!):

Vantage 12 String (this got a lot of play time, Redeye was seriously considering it...)
Futura Project (ok, its got a bad break, but all it needs is a neck plate and four screws)
X175 Project (you could literally get two working guitars out of this...)
X135NA (oh yeah, the Grand Prize is still available, what were we thinking?)
2207 HollowBody project (too much for me...)
Westone Bass Neck (see above for photo)
Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplier (kinda noisy when we tried it out, but it worked)
Boss AC2 Acoustic Simulator (got an acoustic number in your live set..?)
Alesis FX box (yikes, we never plugged it in... tell me if you want me to test it out!)

The nine lucky winners in order are:

1. Jarthur

2. Beaten Phoenix

3. UltimaX960

4. Workingman

5. SLMguy

6. Rockin Electra

7. JMM

8. RCS Blues

9. Mortarman

Ok, Jarthur, ball's in your court, contact me with your choice, then I'll move down the line and tell the next person whats left... Everyone is in debt to X189 and his generosity. Peace out, Mike.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:46 pm 

ahh darn!! Congrats guys!!

epiphone lp with emg
81 electra phoenix x130b
76 electra omega x210
takamine acoustic
westbrook nylon

Last edited by stikboy86 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:57 pm 

Great pictures and congratulations to all the lucky winners!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:07 pm 

Yay for the guys who attended and for the prize winners!! Yay for Paul, and Mike for making it a good event to participate in even from this distance!! :up: :up:
I'll say, too, it's really cool to be able to put a face to some of the names!! :D

I'm gutted that I didn't win anything but if that Futura is unclaimed when the dust settles, I'd love to give it a good home!!! :love:

Because even the Australians need heroes."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:48 pm 

jesus christ! What whoaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i kinda win something? I'm trying to finger this out... Do i get to pick from that list on the ELECTRAFEST POST????????????
you guys are awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:52 pm 

Yah, PM ProEndorser about it :)

BTW, that Alesis box is amazing, really versatile multieffects unit. All the patches (delay, reverb, etc etc) are really usable, and while none will beat a specialty pedal for any one of those things, it does great as a multieffects swiss army knife.

The down side? It's all plastic, plastic knobs, it would never survive a live club situation (the drummer would just step on it). But in a home or studio setting, it's great!

Or... you could take the case off and fit in the back of a guitar, block the trem and fit the board in the trem spring cavity and you'd have a sleeper MPC-like situation!

The bass neck is from a Spectrum LX bass, so it's a later version of the same neck on a Phoenix bass, liek an X630. The neck mounting screws have metal thread inserts, not jsut hoels in the wood. This neck is exactly like the one used on the dual-neck Phoenix/Spectrum bass, though I'm not certain that's where it's from.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:36 am 

Wow what a good time it must have been. Next Year, next, next year!!!

Although I could not attend I would like to say that the generosity of X189's donations and Proendorser's hospitality and time taken in orginization just blows me away. This is one great community.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:38 am 

Sounds and looks like it was a blast; congrats to all attendees for representing the SLM / Electra / Westone brands!

And also to X189Player for his generosity; "there are no words"!

RCSBlues :oops: :up:

Last edited by RCSBlues on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:13 am 

Jarthur chose the Grand Prize X135NA and it'll go out this week once I recover. Beaten Phoenix is next... What Say You? Waiting on communication from him. Process could be slow as X189 and I want everyone to have something they actually want, so be patient dudes, and congrats.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:25 am 

:hyper: :hyper: Thanks to all involved again for all the time, effort, work, and planning that made this event a reality. Congratulations to all and it will be tough choices for all on which goodies they prefer as they are all great. Thanks again :up: :up:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:50 pm 

Corsair, I apologize, I just stole your Futura.
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:54 pm 

Beaten Phoenix has chosen the Futura. I hope to see it in playable shape one day. Did I mention that these Futuras had gold plated tuners, push/pull coilcuts/phase and MMK45's? Oh, thats right, I already made my choice...

On a related theme, already packed up and shipped out the X130NA (I think I've referred to it as a 135 this whole post, sorry, wasn't paying attention) to Jarthur this afternoon, he promises to chime in when it arrives. This event just never ends! But seriously I've got to work this week, so bear with me as far as communication and shipping, enjoy, Mike.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next